Alexandria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Widget Bar

I forgot my password

Widget Bar

The Dying Earth by Jack Vance, Dying Earth 1

Go down

The Dying Earth by Jack Vance, Dying Earth 1 Empty The Dying Earth by Jack Vance, Dying Earth 1

Post by Oogolie Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:56 am

The Dying Earth by Jack Vance, Book 1 of Dying Earth

Format: pdf

Summary: The stories included in The Dying Earth introduce dozens of seekers of wisdom and beauty, lovely lost women, wizards of every shade of eccentricity with their runic amulets and spells. We meet the melancholy deodands, who feed on human flesh and the twk-men, who ride dragonflies and trade information for salt. There are monsters and demons. Each being is morally ambiguous: The evil are charming, the good are dangerous. All are at home in Vance’s lyrically described fantastic landscapes like Embelyon where, “The sky [was] a mesh of vast ripples and cross-ripples and these refracted a thousand shafts of colored light, rays which in mid-air wove wondrous laces, rainbow nets, in all the jewel hues....” The dying Earth itself is otherworldly: “A dark blue sky, an ancient sun.... Nothing of Earth was raw or harsh—the ground, the trees, the rock ledge protruding from the meadow; all these had been worked upon, smoothed, aged, mellowed. The light from the sun, though dim, was rich and invested every object of the land ... with a sense of lore and ancient recollection.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
*Yes it’s the audio book cover, not the book cover. No, the download is not an audio, it’s text. I chose this cover because every other covers looked ugly imo.

Download:
Code:
http://ifile.it/68bmlsh
http://www.mediafire.com/?857q1mxrsk75obj
Oogolie
Oogolie

Back to top Go down